Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!! (Mr. B's dad & voovoo)


Mr. B is the 4th generation born in Hawaii of Portuguese descent. His dad was a career police officer in Hilo, Hawaii. He was an amazing carpenter and was such a softie at heart. My husband and his brother and sisters have so many stories to tell. :o) I'll have to have him write some of them down. His mom was a seamstress and made their matching outfits... I love it!


His mom's dad (Voovoo~Portuguese for Grandpa) is one of 22 children! None of them were multiple births! He lived many years in Hawaii, but eventually moved to San Luis Obispo, California. I met him right after Mr. B and I got married and stopped to visit him and Grandma Florence on our way to Hawaii. He was an amazing gardener. I remember him smoking his pipes and making us a pot roast. (oh another thing I found amazing-even as he got older, his hair stayed dark, with just a little gray in his moustache.)









These were taken after the youngest was born in 1969. She was born on July 4th... Mr. B was born on December 25th! Celebration babies :o)




2 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Good morning, sorry I haven't stopped by, it has been so busy I can't find time to even post most days unless I have them prescheduled.
I love the photos of your's and Mr. B's Daddies and Granddaddies. Mr B was and is still a very good looking man. And he sounds like a great husband and Dad. Thanks for sharing.
Promise I'll be back, things are slowing down some right now.
Molly

theluckiestmrs said...

The pictures of Dad's family all matching are TOO cute! So adorable!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails