“Variety's the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavor”William Cowper quotes (English Poet One of the most widely read English poets of his day, 1731-1800)
First, Here are a VARIETY of old photos...each were taken during on or about our 3rd birthdays...
(he was born on Christmas day).
(...looking like he was told a wonderful surprise! His mom and dad always had a special cake and gifts for his birthday, separate from Christmas gifts.)
(...I'm surprised to see that there are no mosquito bites visible! Hm...maybe the photo was "touched up". I was & still am allergic to mosquitoe bites and so they would & do swell up enormously!)
~Girly Twirly (aka theluckiestmrs.)~
~Ft. Rucker, Alabama~
(She wanted to have "Crystal Gayle" hair, aka long, long, straight hair, but it is curly, so it kept growing fuller until finally about when she was 6yrs old, it was heavier and "grew" down :o)
~Girly Whirly(aka LittleMiss)~
~Schofield Barracks, Hawaii~
(...when we were in Hawaii, she would love to watch the Korean or Japanese channels! We know some words and phrases in both, but don't speak either languages fluently :o)
(He had his 3rd party at Burger King...two of his absolute favorites are the two plastic watches! He wore them ALL the time!)
Here's a VARIETY of "thank yous"...
...long overdue! so without further ado...
My most recent Award (aka Blog Hug) is from Dina-Marie from Dimes2Vines...thank you! (And I think that this is real fun, since this award (blog hug) is one that our daughter (theLuckiestMrs.) created on her 101st post. I have it on the side that links to her post where she started passing along a bit of this "Happy-ness".
The rules for me accepting this award are:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog (or hyperlink).
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to 10 bloggers that brighten your day and visit their blog to let them know!
My 10 things that make me Happy (since I have done this one before (you can go HERE to see my earlier Happy list), I will try to list some different happy things:1. lovely, warm, sunny days
2. spending time with family & friends
3. learning how to do something creative
4. trying out a new recipe that turns out great
5. cute little puppies
6. unexpected, happy surprises
8. listening to stories of our family's and relative's stories when they were little
9. watching old home videos, especially hearing the voices of those dear ones that are no longer with us.
10. relaxing days to do whatever catches our "fancy"
Here are 10 bloggers:
Here are 10
Thank you, Kathie! from Just a Happy Housewife...
Here are the rules:
1. I have to list 10 interesting (perhaps, more random) facts about myself (hm...trying to think of different things that I have not already listed on another list.)
the first two relate to each other & the last two relate to each other...
1. I love languages, but don't speak any fluently, except English.
2. ...having lived in various places growing up & then as a wife, I have learned some words and phrases from other languages. & because of my interest, we taught our three kids to count in German, Chinese, Tagalog, Spanish, Japanese when they were itty-bitty. We have videos of them.
3. I used to have frequent dreams of leaping and jumping high into branches of huge trees.
4. I truly love to draw the personalized artwork that I do!
5. Kit kats and Lindor chocolate truffles are my favorite candies.
6. I have lived in various states and countries, but never in Europe or the Mediterranean.
7. I love to know the origins and meanings behind words or phrases.
8. Although my family is musically inclined, amazing musicians and wonderful voices...I "make a Joyful noise". ;o)
9. I would love to be a "stay-at-home" grandma (aka "granny/nanny")
10. My hubby and I have already been tossing up names that we would like to be called, when we are grandparents~ maybe Voovoo (Portuguese for Grandpa is avô, but "voovoo" is what Mr. B's family called his Grandpa...) & Lola (Tagalog for grandma...my mom was "Lola" to our kids).
2. Pass it on to 10 more bloggers
Made in Canarias
Too Many Hats
Beach Family Updates
Chronically Vintage Blog
Thank you Ave!...from Made in Canarias...
Ave passed this one to me on Jan 25, 2010...(I was not too late on posting this one.)
The rules are to pass this award on to 7 blogs that I ♥ . This was very difficult to limit to 7, since there are many, many more that I ♥!
(These are not in any particular order.)
This second one, Ave passed on to me back on Oct 12th 2009! (Goodness...this one, on the other hand, I am quite late in posting !)
Rules: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
The Ahotaeiloa Family
SewNso's Sewing Blog
The Stylish House
The Snyder 5
His Unfailing Love
I'm Not Sure What I Want to Be When I Grow Up...
Peace Will Be With You
Bearly Sane (ok, I know you are not one of my most newly discovered, but you are one "beary, lovely blog"!)
I am squeezing in at midnight to join in this week's Friday Follow with Midday Escapades. As you can see, I am still having issues with posting (thus the major, huge spaces that I don't know how to fix! and also I still can not seem to put the MckLinky on my post! So, please go to Midday Escapades to join in the fun!
Here are 2 drawings...in tribute to two special teens that will forever hold a special place in the lives of their families and friends.
This drawing was an order, recently given by dear friends and co-workers of a family, here in Georgia. It was for a special remembrance of this family's loving son.
This angel was drawn last June. The drawing represents the sweet "joy" of a talented young lady that also is so deeply missed. This was just one of the items that Catrina helped to gather for a benefit given in Lauren's honor. The drawing was drawn with the word "Joy" for the silent auction. Catrina writes a beautiful tribute to Lauren here.
The drawings that I do, are drawn for a variety of reasons...I appreciate and am humbled by those that think of these drawings for the reasons, such as in remembrance, love, celebration, encouragement & more.
Blessings & Aloha!
So far today...
5 years ago