Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Winter Wedding Day...

Here's one of our wedding photos...(I dont know where some of the others that were taken by the photographer are, nor an album of candid photos from Feb 1982 to Dec 1983! but was able to find a few loose copies...)

My dad retired in October 1981 from the Air Force.  It was then, before we left that he allowed Mr. B to give me back the ring.

..with my ring on my finger, and a date set (February 12, 1982)... I left Mr. B in New Mexico, to go north to Wisconsin with my family...

We had 4 months to get the church: St. Aloysius in Milwaukee,
reception hall: Tyrolean House,
flowers: silk roses,
dress, photographer, cake, music, etc.

Mr. B's family live in Hawaii and were not able to come ( a few months after we were married, Mr B. and I would go to Hawaii for our Honeymoon and for me to meet his family for the first time :o)

Since Mr. B's brother was not able to be the best man, Mr. B's cousin in Texas was going to stand in. He was also in the Air Force, so all three (my dad, Mr. B and Bobby would be wearing their uniforms).  At the last minute, Bobby was not able to fly up either, so my cousin Mike stepped in. And my oldest cousin Jackie was my Maid of Honor.

All of my mom's side of the family live in the Philippines, and none of them were able to attend.  But we  had all of my dad's side of the family there to celebrate our special day. It was a beautiful snowy day! Cold, but definitely beautiful!

Here is a video of the photos that I was able to find.




~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a couple of drawings celebrating "two lives joined in marriage":


This past Christmas, this was ordered for a gift. The couple's wedding was at the Pentagon.  How unique!



Monogram for another sweet couple! Sonya's blog is A Day in the Life...
~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for stopping by! I look forward and enjoy your comments!  
For more great wedding stories, hop over to 
Mama M's Valentine's Day Extravaganza Blog Hop...
 & I'm joining in at 
More than Words, for Friday Photo Flashback! Go and see all the fun flashback fotos!

*** Oh! I have to add this little bit and some photos here:
I came home from work after Mr. B had already left for our bible study group.  He was leading the lesson tonight and I had hoped to get home in time.

It was too late, after my shower.  So, I decided to try to get this post together before the link closed. As I was working, (like I said, it takes me a while!) Mr. B was coming through the door!

He had brought home some early Anniversary surprises!
(I put some pictures on this short little video clip :o) (It's after midnight!...I'm off to bed!)









Blessings & Aloha!

13 comments:

xinex said...

You were both so young and so beautiful, Maria. But you know, you have not aged at all. You are just as beautiful now as then. Thanks for sharing your love story with us....Christine

More Than Words said...

I loved the slideshow, Maria! What a blessing you were able to find people to stand in for your wedding!!

And I love the sketch. Wow, the pentagon??

Anonymous said...

Wonderful slideshow Maria!!! Thank you for sharing with us :-)

MadeInCanarias said...

Really interesting story! Love the slideshow too!

2003beachbunch said...

My hubby's mom is from Cedarburg Wisconsin! Love to visit in the summer!

Kat said...

Beautiful wedding picture... and great drawings.

Kat

Sonya said...

I'm enjoying your memories posts. So neat! It's cool to see our monogram picture featured too! I finally got it framed and now I just need to hang it!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You were so beautiful at your wedding. What a sweet man you married to bring you cake and roses for your anniversary! Blessings and many more years of wedded bliss.

Lynn Barbadora said...

I have been following your love story and HOW SWEET IT TRULY IS! You are so blessed !
Hugs,
Lynn

myletterstoemily said...

what a fun blog and sweet family.

will be back to investigate further!

Erin said...

Oh, the pictures are cool, the slide show is so neat, and I love the drawings/sketches that you got as gifts.

fraizerbaz said...

What a beautiful bride you made! I agree with xinex; you haven't aged at all and are still just as beautiful today!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love the photo shows and the surprises.. Now you won't forget my name because it is always part of your romantic life hahaha...

I wonder why its 97 roses?

Masaya ako bumisita ka (I am so happy, you've visited). Thanks for the comments Maria.

Related Posts with Thumbnails