Saturday, January 15, 2011

N is for Nine!

Nine Years old...

Some photos of each of us when we were NiNe :o)
(I was thinking of other "N" words...like my Numerous Nesting dolls (Russian Matroyshka and Japanese Kokeshi ones)...but I would have had to find all of them, since I have them packed up...so thought this would be faster :o) and I hope to get linked up with

Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday meme of the letter "N.

Mr. B




Nine years old in 5th grade.
Hilo, Hawaii



Me :o)
Nine years old in 5th grade.
San Antonio, Texas

Girly~Twirly 
(aka theluckiestmrs)
Nine years old in 4th grade.
Schoffield Barracks, Hawaii


Girly~Whirly
Nine years old in 5th grade.
Ozark, Alabama

Heartbreaker
Nine years old in 4th grade soccer photo.
Ft. Campbell, Kentucky

Mr. B, Girly~Whirly and I were all December babies...and when we each started kindergarten, we were able to make that state's age cut off to start...so we were all 4 years old when we started school.  Girly~Twirly and Heartbreaker started kindergarten at 5 years old.

***********
Thank you again for all those that entered my recent giveaways....and thank you to the winners for contacting me. I have started on the ones that have given me the details of the ones that they chose to have drawn.
**********
Here are some orders just shipped.

"Hi Maria! I wanted to contact you to place another order now that we have moved back from Germany. I would love to order an 11" x 14" Fleur de lis using the name Winters, calligraphy l'amour dans notre maison (translates to English to say love in our home). I also want to order an 11" x 14" welcome pineapple also using the name Winters, calligraphy WELCOME."


 

&


Thank you Cassie, for these of the fleur de lis and the pineapple. I love the quote you chose for the fleur de lis. And the pineapple is perfect for a Welcome, since it is the symbol for hospitality.

And Cassie's mom~ "Dr. D" requested:
"Hello Maria:  It has been a while since I ordered my last design.  It was for my son & new wife with the two doves holding a banner in their beaks with the 5 childrens names. My son & daughter-in-law love the drawing--so unusual.



So now I have a new neice and would like something unique.  My daughter...suggested a  princess crown/tiara for her.  The mom is definitely a princess and little Kyla will be as well.  Something which can grow with her over the years."




I truly appreciate you both for keeping my contact info or for finding me again.

**********
Thank you, fellow bloggers, for stopping by and for all your comments. 
I look forward to returning your visits. 

(Oh! One more exciting thing...with the wonderful help of Kathie of Just a Happy Housewife, I was able to put up my facebook business page "badge" on my sidebar. Puh-leeze, feel free to click onto it, take a peek and become a fan! Thanks Kathie!)

Signature for blog

18 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Those pictures are pricless. Wish I looked that good at nine. I had buck teeth and glasses. Oh well. I think I got better with age. LOL

Pondside said...

What sweet memories of your nine year olds. It was a great age - that fledgling independence, yet they still loved mummy and home!

More Than Words said...

Oh, I love how you posted you all at the same grade!! So cute!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Maria!!!

xinex said...

You were all so cute at 9! Thanks for the congratulatory note. Your drawings are superb and I know that for a fact first hand!...Christine

Michelle A'etonu said...

i love how you keep all of those old photos. i wonder if my mom has any of our old school pics! i love the drawing with the princess crown on it. beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My sister has a December birthday and our niece. December is a good month!!! Love the cute pics of your kids.

Laurencita said...

Oh! what a priceless collection you have... Thanks for sharing.

H said...

You all look so beautiful at nine years old. Lovely photos and special memories :)

Kel said...

I love old photos...well of everyone except myself. My 9 year old photos are a little bit on the scary side. :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Fun nine year old photos! Enjoyed the trip back in time and hearing of all the places you lived.

Lola said...

Great photos - and memories!

Happy New Year too!

XOXO Lola:)

yonca said...

Time goes by so fast.I miss sometimes Aria's baby days.When I look at the old pics of him makes me sad a little. Those days never come back.
Lovely pics!

Debbiedoos said...

That was so cute to see all those pictures...you are clever. I am so glad you popped over, I too have fallen behind, my job seems to be my blog, and I can't keep up:) See you soon my friend, you are so kind. Debbie XXX000

Jessica Heights said...

You always have the cutest flashback photos!

Veronica Lee said...

Such beautiful memories, Maria! I always enjoy reading your posts and admiring your awesome sketches.

Have a blessed day!

Jenny said...

You must have the most organized archive of pictures of anyone I know! I am always impressed that you can even find half the pictures you do!

And to find family members at nine years old just totally blows me away!

Thanks for a nifty link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "N".

Your family always makes me smile.

Thank you for linking.

A+

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

This is a most perfect post for "N" @Alphabet Thursday! The photos are as cute as can be. I can barely remember being nine but I know it happened :)

LV said...

Time really changes things and people. You were cute, but now everyone is beautiful and handsome. You have the best looking family I have seen in awhile. Glad to see your sketches are doing good. Always happy to see where you have dropped by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails