Thursday, June 3, 2010

Travels full of Treasures...

These Travel adventures are Treasured experiences.
Serving others...
"...by love serve one another." 
~Galations 5:13~

I have said this before, that it usually takes me a week to get a post together and up, since I do it a little at a time because of my work schedule and wanting to spend time on the weekends with Mr. B, family or friends.  I was already started on this post about our kids' mission trips, so that helped a bit. :o)

So, I am linking up with Jenny's amazing
& Alicia's fantastic 

Thank you to all those on the missions' field all around the world, as well as, serving those in their hometowns.

The time was spent helping others, and yet, Girly~Twirly, Girly~Whirly, Heartbreaker & Mr. B's agree that much was given back into their lives during their trips.

Here are video slideshows of These Treasured Trips in the order of years that they were taken:


2007: Girly~Twirly in Honduras



2008: Heartbreaker in Nicaragua



2009: Girly~Whirly on Roatan Island



~& here is a past video slideshow (I had posted on a previous post) 
of my hubby serving on various Army relief and training missions.
& the little ones he loved meeting.


Thank you to all the military and their service!



"...Inasmuch as you have done it onto the least of my brethern, you have done it unto me."   ~Matthew25:40~

...no matter where we are and what we do, may we do it unto the Lord.

Blessings & Aloha!

...as always, I do enjoy your comments and get over to reply to them, but it may take a while...
Thank you for taking a look around my little corner of the blogger world. :o)

& soon it will be my 100th post and I will have a giveaway for an 8x10 drawing and also giveaways of some gift certificates to be used towards a drawing order.

**********
The following drawing orders were given as thank you gifts for service and support.
(Again...if you are new to my blog (with every post, I try to share some samples of past orders) and the artwork that I do...each drawing is drawn entirely with an individual's name).

This was a thank you ordered by one of her friends.

This one was ordered for this individual who loves lighthouses, by family members.


This was for a firefighter. It was taken from the photo taken in New York after 9/11.


This military one was for a thank you for the unit's commander.


This was drawn for Mrs. Patty Shinseki, when her husband was the Chief of Staff of the Army.


This was for a thank you gift for a special instructor ...of her sweet little pup.



26 comments:

Ana Degenaar said...

what a gorgeous post, it made me miss home so much more. Thanks for sharing Maria, I missed you.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

cute t post!

More Than Words said...

Maria, I just love your family. You all just seem like you have the biggest hearts!!

I love the photos of your husband kissing all the babies! So sweet!

And wow..a giveaway!! I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

another wonderful post Maria!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Maria, you do such wondeful work --both with your missions and your drawings. Wonderful "T" post!

( you have such beautiful daughters)

Happy said...

Very cool!

Jo said...

I believe in giving back, and your family does that amazingly ... you and your hubby have taught your children well!

MsRay said...

I rarely go bloghopping but your posts are one of those that I always look forward to.

I love that video of your Hawaiian hero :)

Have an Aloha Friday! (I miss saying that... how I miss Hawaii)

The Four Week Vegan said...

What wonderful opportunities. They all have servants' hearts for sure. What a blessing.

Unknown said...

they all are great causes.....good for you and your family!

Veronica Lee said...

Your work is fantastic and you have a beautiful family.

Have a blessed weekend.

Jenny said...

You are just a terrific person!

Giving, loving, compassionate, artistic, amazing.

I am always so happy to know that our paths have crossed. I learn so much from you!

And I always enjoy my stop here on my little journey through Alphabe-Thursday!

Thank you for being you!

A+

LV said...

A great way to help others. I always enjoy whatever you share. I wish there was more people that cares and loves their family enough to share them with us. A great post always. I can assure you, I will be watching for your 100th post. I certainly want to be in the drawing.

Laurencita said...

Oh! I love reading your post, the sketches are so beautiful.

2003beachbunch said...

The new work looks great Maria! Hope you and your beautiful family are doing well!

Unknown said...

How awesome that your children were able to take missions trips. What a blessing! I know the missions trips I took changed my life.

Love these cards too! gorgeous especially the lighthouse!

Dani Joy

Amanda Lee said...

You have such a lovely family. To have raised such caring and selfless children is quite an accomplishment. I loved looking at your husbands slide show, as well. Brought back rich memories of my husband's years as the FSO for 1-1ID twenty years ago. We developed some life long friendships with the pilots he worked with in that unit.

Anonymous said...

You and your family never cease to amaze me! The love and dedication that ya'll exude is amazing!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Such a beautiful post. Hope you have a wonderful week!

QuiltSue said...

You have 2 beautiful daughters.

I love your drawing too.

xinex said...

You have a very wonderful and giving family. You raised the best kids, Maria...Christine

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Maria, I so enjoyed watching all the video of the photos. Sorry I haven't been around much and I missed a lot of your posts. Got so busy with stuff over here hehehe. KUmusta ka na?

Debbiedoos said...

I think Miss Jenny has a wonderful class, that I am happy to be a part of. Wonderful T post. You are so blessed your children received full scholarships, I hope mine do the same:)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/06/jingles-june-follower-awards-week-1.html

Happy June!


lovely family post.

Susan Anderson said...

Wow, that is amazing what you do with these drawings...and so original! Really great work.

=)

XANZEE said...

I like your post..so..real..

you touches everyone's heart..and I'm one of those..

more power and god bless your family..ALWAYS..

Related Posts with Thumbnails