Part II of our daughter (theLuckiestMrs.) and son-in-law's special day as a brand new couple. Today, I am not working at the dental office, so I really want to get this post up...it takes me forever to edit and put up a post! (but I am getting better with Photo shop, etc :o)
Like I mentioned on this post, their photographer was amazing! These are some other engagement photos that he had taken.
This 3rd one is in our living room. And when I glance at it, I always think of the frames that you buy with the sample photo of the make-believe couples for display at stores. :o) But of course...this cute couple is 100% real and truly 100% in-love :o)
(I know, I know...they are our kiddoes...so I hope you permit me to be partial :o)
The following video has photos taken with my sweet sister-in-law K's, cousin B's and my cameras. A few at the beginning are some wedding ones that I did not have earlier. Most of the rest are taken at the reception.
Here are a few of our daughter's great ideas that they used at their wedding.
1. Her bouquet was made of 7 different varieties of white flowers. (And our daughter attached one of my mom's opal rings not only as a "something old...", but in memory of her). Each of her bridesmaids and her Maid of Honor had a bouquet of one of the flowers represented in her bridal bouquet.
2. At the reception, a table was set with photos of parents', grandparents', great-grandparents' wedding photos.
3. In lieu of wedding favors, money was donated to Children's Miracle Network. (Heartbreaker was the 2007 Georgia Ambassador for CMN.) But that didnt mean that there was not anything for those attending... There were fun hats, crowns, & noisemakers for every guest to choose from to welcome the New Year in with...
Here are two of the littlest members of the wedding party... trying to pick...
4. With such a very short break with Girly Twirly's dental school and her Mr.'s med school, they waited until their summer break (which also isnt as long as most summer breaks go, but long enough for their honeymoon cruise). But they did get to go to New York on what they call their "Mini-moon". They went for 3 days and 2 nights.
This is at the Rockefeller Center 2009.
They stayed at the St. Regis and also at the W.
5. For their wedding guest book, they had a beautiful book, filled with photos and interesting facts of New York. Everyone was encouraged to sign and leave sentiments anywhere throughout the book. (Which they took with them. They had fun finding and reading what everyone had written).
(signs made by me :o)
6. The Giant sparklers were lit and held by guests as the newlyweds left under the "tunnel of sparklers". The Sparkler tunnel started from the clubhouse door all the way to where their car was awaiting them.
This first anniversary, our son-in-law (hmmm....I'll have to think of a blogger nickname for him, rather than "theLuckiestMrs.' Mr.") surprised our daughter with a return trip to New York! They had an amazing time and were able to eat at the Tavern on the Green, on the very last day that the Tavern was opened to serve before closing down permanently.
New Year's Day 2010
@ the Tavern on the Green
This was when they were on their 2009 summer honeymoon cruise.
...but that's another story :o)
Well...I had meant to have posted this one right after the "Happy Anniversary" post I had done earlier, but I didnt have all my photos uploaded. I seem to be in that perpetual "running behind" mode, when it comes to my blog posting and reading!
Also...here are a few past drawings that have been completed. These three were ordered by a customer to give as gifts. I really do enjoy drawing new subject matter. :o)
She sent me a picture of a ring that looks like Nedra's and then asked if I could draw a simple band for Tommy's that was interlocked. Ordinarily, I do prefer drawing directly from a photo or image, rather than from a thought. Since what I may think of may not be exactly what the customer is thinking. However, I am so happy that she was happy with the end results.
This Initial was drawn from an image that was sent. The whole image is drawn using the last name WILLIAMS.
This one was also done on concept only. The couple for which this was made for, love to fish. And grouper is one of their favorite fish to fish :o) ...And to incorporate their wedding bands, somehow. Fun! Here's well wishes for many, many happy fishing days ahead!
...now, back to my drawing board :o)
Blessings & Aloha!