Wednesday, August 26, 2009

P.S. Georgia and Hawaiian Beaches! Part 2

Aloha! (Greetings! and Welcome to some more sunny skies and salty surf!)


If you are here for the first time, I hope you enjoy your visit... and do check out yesterday's Beach Party. Thank you to Gina@theShabbyChicCottage for being such a gracious host!


If you were there yesterday, I'm so glad you came back... Can you imagine if I left all these parties on one post!


This lighthouse beckons you to relax with us on more beautiful beaches.


(Personalized Sketches copy of original)
*Click on image to see the last name used: TEVAR*


~~~~~~~~~~
2004, our assignment has brought us to as far away east from Hawaii that we can be and still be in the United States. Savannah is gorgeous and has so many wonderful sites to see. Tybee Island is one of the many beaches near here.



...these were taken in Jan 2005! no snow here... this was right before LittleMiss had to fly back to college... and the luckiestmrs. was coming back from her dental missions trip in Honduras...and before we realized we would be faced with the challenges our 14 year old son's intense 5 months of chemo.


(Personalized Sketches copy of original)
*Click on image to see the name used: JESSIE*

~~~~~~~~~
In the next set, the top photos at Tybee were taken during the girls spring break in 2005. Their sorority sister (& who is like family :o) came down with them. Heartbreaker just had the biopsy done and we were waiting for the results, around when these were taken.


The bottom Tybee Island beach photo was taken of two of the Hawaiian cousins that came with family to spend time with us. Heartbreaker had one more round of chemo after they flew back to Hawaii, so was sporting the bald head.




~~~~~~~~~~
Another summer full of sandy scenes, carefree crab catches, and happy hearts!





~~~~~~~~~~
This was for Heartbreaker's Make a Wish trip to Hawaii. It had been just under 16 years since he had been back to Hawaii... It was the perfect trip, except his sisters were in the midst of classes so weren't able to come. Mr. B and I went with him, with much excitement!


Heartbreaker got surf lessons...and was quite a natural...thanks to his athletic genes from his father :o) ...he got to snorkel with his dad...I relaxed underneath the palms. ...we had breakfast right out the entrance of our hotel and onto right on Waikiki Beach. ...& went to a great Luau. ...the final 3 days of the week long trip, we were able to fly to the Big Island and stay and see family. It was truly a Paradise vacation :o)


& How blessed, blessed, blessed we are that he is strong, healthy and a wonderful witness to what the Lord has brought him through!


(Personalized Sketches copy of original)
*Click on image to see the name used: SPENCER*


...this fish was an order for a cute little boy for his bedroom-and was similar to the fish seen while snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, Oahu.


~~~~~~~~~~
Before I bid Aloha to a wonderful time spent with you, I must not forget some exciting news.


I was contacted by Jennifer@TheToyBoxYears about receiving a lovely book titled "The Friends We Keep" (this link will go to her hilarious view about alternate grandparent names! and you can see her cutie patooties in her slide show on her sidebar).


and also by Katie@Katie'sNestingSpot about winning the free Roxio upgrade. (this link is all about her little designing darling creating a fantabulous fairy house & fairy!) Thank you girls for having such wonderful giveaways. You have to go visit these bloggers with their absolutely adorable, beautiful babies!


*added note: since I have been asked this question a number of times...I thought I would mention here as well: Yes, every drawing that I do is drawn entirely using ANY name and it can be of ANY thing. Thank you for asking and feel free to contact me with any other questions :o)
~~~~~~~~~~



(photo by our daughter, aka theluckiestmrs)


Hope you had a relaxing visit to all the beaches here...feel free to kick off your sandals and have a seat, like our daughter here on the Ft. Lauderdale sand...
or if you want more, be sure to go to Gina's@theShabbyChicCottage.


So, again I close with Blessings & Aloha! ('til we meet again).
I love finding your comments, so please don't forget to let me know that you were here.

19 comments:

Queen B. said...

Love all your pictures !!!!!!!!!!!1
thanks for stopping by the cozy kitchen !

santamaker said...

Aloha! I have enjoyed all of your beautiful family beach pictures and
reading about your great vacations. I have to also agree with you about your gorgeous daughters and your little "heartbreaker". That's so neat that you have girls both in Dental school. Where are they going? My oldest is in her 3rd year and youngest just finished gross anatomy and started her first year classes this week at MUSC.
You must really enjoy living in Savannah...it's so beautiful there.

Debbie Petras said...

I've been out of blogland for a few days now and so I missed out on your post from yesterday. I think I need to go back and read it. But I have to say that you have a beautiful family. And I LOVE the lighthouse sketch. What are the letters? Is is Jesus or something else?

I always love when you visit Heart Choices. I'm enjoying getting to know you.

love,
Debbie

Tim said...

Ok, you've talked me into it. give me some time to get all the pics together and scanned in and I will post about Hawaii.

It will be good to do since Im not sure I have ever done it.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Drawn to The Sea said...

Sweet memories, smiling faces of loved ones, beautiful beaches... doesn't get any better than this.

I'm blown away by your artwork... been glancing around your etsy shop. Wow, you are truly so very talented.

Pleasant day :-)
Julia

HeatherOz said...

My husband and I snorkeled in Hanauma Bay. It was my first time ever snorkeling! I was scared but glad that I didn't wimp out! We are heading to the beach in a couple of months! Can't wait to get out of the desert!!

Sophisticated Salvage said...

You have beautiful pictures and an inspiring blog! Thanks for visiting my blog and keep up the good work - BEAUTIFUL!

Jane said...

Aloha!
I have truly enjoyed your family photos and your sketches. Thank you for sharing both your talent and your family with your blogger friends.

May God bless all of you...
Jane (Artfully Graced)

Katie said...

Thanks for the shout out! I am publishing a post on my giveaways tomorrow.

I am continually amazed by your drawings. I think the lighthouse with palm trees is my favorite so far. Do you ever do them in color?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your sketches!!!

They are beautiful!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Your drawings are beautiful..., I love the lighthouses and the palm tree. Regarding my header images..., I didn't take all these pictures..., you can find out where they're from by going to the posts where they are linked to the source.

Elyse said...

a lovely post and thanks so much for stopping by my little cottage!

xo

MomMom said...

LOVED your pictures and learning a little bit about your family!! Your art work is just amazing. Savannah is one of my favorite places--I'm sure you enjoy it. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Please stop by again.

cherry said...

Greetings from Savannah ..lol

There is nothing better than spending time with family and friends except doing that in a beautiful place.. What a wonderful looking family and your drawings are beautiful.. Thank you for stopping by what fun to see so many blogs feature pic's from Tybee yesterday.

Here comes the thunder and rain AGAIN !!
have a fun day stay dry..hugs, Cherry

Reid said...

Love your sketches!!!
Love the post and thanks for the comments and compliment!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
Beautiful pics of family& all the beaches.I love your artwork , very unique.Thanks for sharing & thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment8-)
~Myrna
ps the shells in my post were collected on Atlantic Beach ,NC & Shacketford Island,NC.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Your work is all so inspiring and upliftingly beautiful! I am especially fond of that darling fishie. I think my sweet kitty (Stella) would like it, too. Though where she would see a snack, I see a delightful work of creative art :)

Wishing you a bright & gorgeous weekend, dear soul!
♥ Jessica

Pineapple Princess said...

I don't think I've ever told you how amazing your art is! What a gift you have!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Ohhh, as a beach girl, I LOVE these artwork. And what a gorgeous family you have. BEAUTIFUL, all of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails