Sunday, August 9, 2009

Awards & a Blog Button


(Personalized Sketches copy of a portion of an original)
(DRAWN with the last name SELAVKA)
(feeling stressed?...actually, this one was drawn for a customer's co-worker 's going-away gift....)
*you can click on images to see a closer view*

...I have to say that I am glad that the message that I kept getting the other day that said:
"We're sorry...but your computer or network may be sending automated queries... To protect our users, we can't process." ...was NOT due to ME! I thought *oh, oh, I have been on the google/blogspot... way too long!* So, it was a relief to get the MckLinky update about what was up & that it's cleared up with google. (Even though, I don't comment on every post I read, I do like to read the posts that come up on my dashboard of blogs I follow.)

(Personalized Sketches copy of original)
(DRAWN with the name SUSAN)
*NOTE: lettering is level on drawings, I just get this curve when I take it too close w my camera.*

With that said and although I know that it wasnt me that caused Google to block me from opening up the blogs, I have decided to not comment as much as I may have previously. But I still plan on reading y'all's great posts!

~~~~~~~~~

Award Thank you’s

~&~

passing the Blog Hugs Forward!

Fort Thompson, thank you for the "Adorable" Award! It is really an Adorable Award :o)

So many adorable blogs to choose from! For now these are for...
Fort Thompson, thank you also for the "Uplifting" Award. I do like the sentiment behind this one.
These blogs have always lifted me up with their heartfelt posts...

Jill

Debbie

Kristen

PineapplePrincess

Valerie

Lynette

Kristen, thank you for this "Awesome Blogger" Award...It really is fun to be noticed and how encouraging to find that someone thinks another is blog-worthy :o)

Here's one for each of you...

FortThompson

Momstheword

Kathie

Christine

Kate

Mollylougifts

MyNetFinds, I love the award that you designed! Who wouldn't want to be a "GEM"? What a fun & gorgeous gem to "wear" around.


This is what Kathie says about this award that she created:
"Just as a diamond is a girl's best friend, you are a blogger's best friend!"

&

"I made this award for the special bloggers who take the time to not only read my posts, but also leave comments, respond to comments, form blog friendships with and support others, answer blogger questions, etc...the ones who are a real "gem" in the bloggy world. The bloggy world wouldn't be the same without you!"

I pass this on to...

Marie

Christi

theanimator’swife

theluckiestmrs

Mama M

Sarah

Sweet Tea Diaries

Some of you don't post Awards and if you don't want to add them to your blog, no problemo... I just wanted to pass these on to say I really enjoy your blogs and if you want to pass one on to someone else, please do. (I know how fun it was to get my first award from Molly ...and they are still fun to get).


...I have just completed my blog button... yes, it took me the weekend to figure out how to do the placement of my image and wording onto Photoshop. ...with the help of my hubby & google searching (Felicia's how-to add the scroll for the button url address was easy to follow).



(Personalized Sketches copy of original)
*this button was drawn with PersonalizedSketches*

So those of you that are here...PLEASE, feel free to pick up my button and carry it home with ya. :o) Of course, no pressure! haha

Part of the time that I was working...um, attempting...to get my button blog-ready...this is what my sweetie-pie was doing. (He just got finished washing the mini... I love to see him standing by it, cuz it looks like you could put the mini in your pocket...well, ok, not quite, but...

(Photo by moi!)

Blessings & Aloha!
*I'd love to hear what you have to say
& if you remember to pick up my button on your way out, please let me know *

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your well deserved awards! I grabbed your button, great job on it :-)

xinex said...

Hi Maria! (That's your name, right?) Thanks you so much for the Awesomeness award and will proudly display it on my blog. I really appreciate receiving it from you. Your new creations are beautiful. You are so talented. Haven't I said that before?...Christine

Under this Umbrella said...

YAY! Congratulations to you. It was certainly the Academy Awards at your blog. You deserve all the awards!

Thanks so much for the award. I will definitely pass on. Hope you had a great weekend.

I didn't get to comment on your last post...loved the mini convention!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your awards and thank you for honoring me!

You are such a blessing and it is wonderful getting to know you!

You did a GREAT job with your blog button!

Love and blessings,
Jill

momstheword said...

Congrats on your award and thank you for passing it on to me. You are so sweet to think of me!

You are right about a washboard. My goodness, can you imagine if we had to do laundry the way they used to? It would take all day. We are so spoiled, lol!

I am so glad that you made a button (you are so clever) and I am putting it on my blog!

2003beachbunch said...

Thanks for the award :-) You are so very sweet!
I loved the pic of your husband's last flight. How cool!
I am going to have to remember to post the Friday fillins for you. Sadly I am not that creative :-)

Dee said...

Congrats and thank you sooo much for thinking of me!!! Those are so neat!

Christi S said...

I'm picking up a button! You made my day with this award! I know that you knew I needed a 'pick me up' this week!! Thanks so much!

Debbie Petras said...

Thank you so much for the honor you passed along to me. I've enjoyed getting to know you.

Congrats on so many great awards. You're a popular lady. And I have to say a talented one at that. I am grabbing your button to post on Heart Choices.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thank you all for leaving your thoughts here! It really is fun to find a new comment :o)

I appreciate you all and really enjoy reading what you all have to say on your posts.

Hope you all have a blessed week!

(Thanks so much for picking up a button...I have a variety of collections...photos, keepsakes from my family and Mr. B's family, antique and vintage items...it's been fun meeting and in a way "collecting" blogging friends...I look at collections as groups which are special for a variety of reasons.)

The Animator's Wife said...

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. I am SO honored!

Unknown said...

What a blessing to know that you are uplifted by my blog posts. What a nice compliment. Thank you so much for the award. :)

Have a beautiful week.
Lynnette

Mama M. said...

Great sketches! And, thanks for the award! I'm awarding YOU with a different award, it's awaiting your presence on my blog! :)

HeatherOz said...

Congratulations on all of your awards! Hope I still see your fabulous aloha greetings on my blog! I LOVE your button. I'm going to try to figure out how to add the scroll for buttons. Maybe this weekend. Yours will definitely be added to the scroll!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Ooh so sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Thank you so much for the Gem Award. It is much appreciated, especially coming from one of my favorite bloggers :)

I have added it to my sidebar and it looks great there. I hope you are having a great week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails