Thursday, December 1, 2011

Disney Days

Disney days of the past for my hubby were those fun adventures with his family, when he went with his family from Hawaii to visit some family in California.

He also performed with his middle school Ukelele Band in Disneyland.

Also Disney Days for my first time was when we went as newlyweds to Disneyland before continuing over to Hawaii.  (That trip to Hawaii would also be the first time I would meet his family and friends....but that is for another post.)

I can't find any of those photos from those past Disney adventures....but was able to find the following:

Disney 1988
1. Our daughter Girly~Twirly, my little sister M, and I with Goofy.
2. Girly~Twirly and M reassuring our daughter Girly~Whirly that Minnie Mouse is ok :o)
3. Another photo of us by Goofy.

1. In front of the well known entrance: me, Girly~Whirly, my little brother L, Girly~Twirly, my little sister M, and mom
2. My dad, little sister M, little brother L, and mom with one of the Robin Hood characters. (Does anyone recognize this character?)


1. My handsome hubby, our girls and I with Sleeping Beauty's castle in the background.
2. My parents, little brother, little sister take a pose in almost the same spot. I had sewn all the girls dresses out of tube tops and two ruffled layers of fabric.

Our children had asked as they were growing up when we would go again... Their dad would say "some day..."  For various reasons, there wasn't the opportunity to go until...


DISNEY 2005

Our son was completing chemo tx for the lymphoma. And my hubby's older brother and his family and also one of his sisters and her two boys flew from Hawaii to visit.
 1. In the hotel room the night before checking out Disney.
2. The girls and I at the hotel.
3. Our nephew B, me, my hubby's brother and his wife in the tram going to one of the parks.
4. My bald hubby (he shaved his hair off while our son was going through chemo and lost his hair), daughter Girly~Whirly, niece K, son Heartbreaker, abd daughter Girly~Twirly on the opposite side of the tram.


1. Cousins at the entrance...
2. family foto
3. Heartbreaker is so awesome on the guitar, I wouldnt be surprised if he figured out how to play this huge one! lol


 1. cousins and Minnie
2. big bro, hubby, Minnie, and younger sister...one more sister in Hawaii who was not able to come.

DISNEY 2007
1. Heartbreaker, the year he was Georgia's Ambassador for Children's Miracle Network (CMN).
(This time with a little more hair...he was growing it out to donate to Locks of Love).
2. Hubby, Heartbreaker and I with CMN's co-founders Marie Osmond and John Schneider.
They were so awesome to meet.


1. Heartbreaker performing before 2000+ at the telethon.
2. Heartbreaker, his "backup band" and Richie MacDonald (from Lonestar).


 1. Heartbreaker was able to meet so many wonderful people, like Miss America, shown here in a magazine article about his time with CMN.  (This photo was actually taken in D.C. during the days prior to flying down to Orlando).
2. oops! Already posted this one of the three of us and Marie Osmond and John Schneider.
3. Heartbreaker and Mary Lou Rhetton- she was so sweet! She looks as amazing as when she was a teen gymnast!
4. Heartbreaker and the Jonas Brothers - great boys....they had fun hanging out at the Disney hotel and pool.

*****

Joining

...with Jenny's Alphabe-Thursday's "D"


 *****
I have more Disney characters, but will share these ones of Mickey and Minnie.
(some of these are not as dark as the originals due to lighting).

 Here are a few Disney Mickey Mouse Personalized Sketches...


 


& Disney Minnie Personalized Sketches...




 Thank you for stopping by and for your comments :o)


Signature for blog

14 comments:

Pat said...

Maria - more wonderful family photos and love those Disney drawings! Just awesome.

Neabear said...

Disneyland is always a fun place to visit. I went there for the first time when I was 15. Since then I have been there several times. Most recently in 2008. My D post is on my craft blog this week!

~Linnea

Bearly Sane said...

Finally made it over here! So much to catch up on, good to see you had a happy Thanksgiving albeit a quiet one this year.

The photos are always a treat to see and I just love all those Minnie & Mickey illustrations.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

Tracy said...

delightfull Disney

LV said...

One place I have never been. I think I might be too old now. Most people really enjoy it and have tons of fun.

anitamombanita said...

fun to see the transformation over the years!

xinex said...

Fun family times, Maria! You sure have a lot of those. Your kids are incredible!..Christine

Vicki/Jake said...

Great family post shared again Maria. You're a 'star' yourself:)

Not sure who that Fox charactor is.Perhaps a cartoon Robin Hood??? I have a picture of my three youngest in D-Land with the same Fox!

Jen Price said...

So fun! We took the kids to Disneyland last summer and it was awesome!

Steph said...

What wonderful memories and especially a sweet experience for your talented son who has been through so much. It's always so clear when I visit here that family is cherished and precious.
Blessings.

Annesphamily said...

This was just a perfect post! I love all the laughter and smiles you share here. I am happy I Know you here.

Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

Love this post! The photos through the years are so great and special!

KDL said...

We have not taken our kids to disney yet. Must do this soon, I think. I want them to be old enough to remember, but not too old to miss the magic of it. I did not go until I was in High School and loved it. Would love to go back. Your sketches are amazing, by the way - so much detail! Glad your son is doing well, and it always makes me tear up when family members shave their heads in support of those on chemo - what a great dad! Cheers...

Jenny said...

Your family is so delightful...but I swear none of you ever get any older...the kids grow up and stay their same handsome and gorgeous selves.

You and your husband never change.

I just have to know.

Are you real people? Are you robots? Seriously.

Seriously, this was a delightfully delicious link for the letter D.

You almost, but not quite, actually make me want to attempt Disney again!

Thanks for the smile!

A+

Related Posts with Thumbnails