Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Opposites attract...

"Opposites attract..."  ...& yet, in so many ways... "two peas in a pod"

~ taken at our Hawaiian family wedding luau~
..My handsome hubby's mom sewed my blouse and his shirt.   
~1982~

We were married in Wisconsin with all of my dad's family present. And then we flew to Hawaii as newlyweds and I met his family and friends for the first time.

I was thinking how blessed I am that of all the people in the world, the Lord knew who was the one for me...

...that my handsome Hawaiian hunk's  first military duty assignment was in Holloman AFB, New Mexico...which was also my Air Force dad's last military assignment, before he retired.

Here are....


...& this phrase ~ "in or at the exact moment!" ~ , my hubby and I have said to each other...and it so very, very often fits how alike we are in so many ways.

Perhaps it is that we have grown to think more and more alike after knowing each other for almost 31 years and being married for over 29 years.

Yes, I am so very thankful and blessed to have a loving, caring, man who loves the Lord and his family with his whole heart.

 ~ taken in Hilo, Hawaii~
...about 28 years after he first brought me home as his new wife. 
~2010~

I love when we either say something "at the exact moment"... or one of us says something and the other was thinking the very same thing  "in the exact moment". (I do admit that I still like when we "coordinate colors" with what we are wearing, when we are out and about. haha)

Joining in 
...with  Marine parents, Life with my Littles, & Semper Wifey for Military Monday blog hop.
...with Trisha's Follow Me Wednesday.
...Free Pretty Things For You's Whatever You Want Wednesday.
...with Jenny's  Alphabe-Thursday's "O" 
...and with Alicia for Friday Photo Flashback
...and with Mel for Fancy Friday.

~~~~~~~~~

Here are some more art orders:

The first three were created for a husband and wife
...& whether they consider themselves "opposites" or "like two peas in a pod",  my well wishes to them on many, many years together to grow in love, laughter and memories.

Thank you Jordan for ordering yet another of the art that I do for another friend's wedding gift. The photo of the actual puzzle pieces to secure their envelopes that this couple used was such a creative idea. Like "pieces in a puzzle...a perfect fit."


This one is from a dear blogger friend! I love her ideas for this family tree.  LV, thank you again for another order and for your email:
"...I received my package today.  You did a marvelous job.  I truly like it and sure they will....Thanks so much for everything.  You are just the best in the line of sketching..."


Another dear blog friend sent me this email when hers arrived:
"I literally just got my picture from UPS!  I LOVE it!!!!  It's so awesome.  Thank you so, so much.  I can't wait to hang it up :-)"
 Thank you Kathie, it was fun to do your monogram with the style lettering you chose.!

And this one was an order for Kayla's husband with her email: " Thank you so much!!"


Thank you for thinking of this rank insignia for your husband and please give our thanks for your husband's military service!

Thank you also to Melodi for thinking of the art I do for a gift for her husband and thinking of tying in together his rank insignia and his unit crest! And thank you for your sweet email:
"You are a truly talented person! The art piece was in excellent condition when I received it, and thank you for rushing it to me..."
Thank you to your husband's military service.


Signature for blog

32 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I enjoyed this wonderful post. It's indeed wonderful when opposites attract and then after all these yeas you still do not repel each other! :)

My name is Riet said...

Indeed opposites attract. Lovely O post, you are one lucky lady.

Savannah Granny said...

You are such a sweet couple, then and now. I am so glad you found one another. Great Post. Ginger :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful couple!....love this post.
Sweet photo's and love the matching shirts!
Opposites attract,indeed!..and still smiling and having fun after 31 years!
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Beautiful post!
Wishing you many more years of happiness!

Anonymous said...

So glad you found your perfect opposite!

Teresa

Unknown said...

What a blessing it is to read about your wonderful marriage. It inspires and challenges me.

Kathie said...

my Josh and I are opposites in many ways as well :-)

Barbara F. said...

When it is meant to be......it happens! You make a wonderful couple. Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday. xo,

Lady Bren said...

You are so incredibly talented. We just did my daughter's room in a similar pattern on your page!! from the Follow ME WEdnesday Blog hop.

http://theworldaccordingtobren.blogspot.com/


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lady-Bren/108941842534039?ref=ts

Trying to get 100 likes on my FB page could you help please?

Pondside said...

Opposites do attract, but only if they recognise something wonderfully 'like' deep in the other.

More Than Words said...

It is true..opposites do attract!! I think that's how couples complement each other!

You and your hubby are such a lovely couple!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I don't think it's possible for you two to be any cuter, now or back then!

xxoo,

RMW

LV said...

It is truly a blessing that we are all not a like. There are no perfect marriages, but based on what you share, yours is pretty close. Thanks again for my special sketch.

Jenny said...

You are the sweetest couple...the thing you both have in common are beautiful hearts and spirits.

In that, my dear, you are twins!

Thanks for this outstanding link to Alphabe-Thursday!

A+

Anonymous said...

What a nice, heartwarming post. If anything the two of you are cuter now than you were way back when!

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

Hi! I just grabbed your button and posted to my blog. THANK you for the swap! I appreciate you! Also, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me such sweet comments. LOVE THEM.

♥jazmin

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh my, I've been so neglectful at blog hopping lately, soooo sorry Maria. Life gets to busy this time of year for some of us....

But I've looked at your last few posts and love all you've shared. Especially this one. Lets me know there really are soul mates. And you two are surely awesome ones:)

Enjoy your sweet times together and I'll try better to get here....

Hope all is well in your life.

Pat said...

Your opposites list is so fun - that is what keeps things interesting!

Unknown said...

You and your husband are just too adorable :)

I love this post. It's so great that your marriage is so wonderful and so happy even though you two have so many things that make you opposites of each other. Maybe it's the whole yin yang thing. Being different from each other makes the two of you stronger since you complement each other better :)

Debbiedoos said...

Opposites do attract! My husband and I are very different. I do believe that is what makes us work so well. If he were like me...OH boy we would never have lasted this long. You guys are one handsome looking family.

xinex said...

You two are the sweetest couple I know, Maria. Lovely photos and artwork too....Christine

Unknown said...

You two are so sweet. After 9 years, I'm starting to see some of this in my marriage and I'm hopeful we'll be as happy as you two are. We've had our ups and downs but I hear that's normal. LOL! It can't always be perfect. Things are going very well and I'm happy as can be we're working so hard at staying in love. I showed Hubby the print you made and he was floored! I pointed out all the intricacies of how you sketch with the words...he had to really look and when he realized it he was even more appreciative of how beautiful it turned out! Thanks Maria! We will definitely pass along how talented you are and I need to go frame shopping so I can mount it on our wall for all to see!

Hugs,
MO

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet, sweet post! Yes, you two are adorable together and such a testimony to enduring love for one another! :)

I Wonder Wye said...

You and your handsome husband look better than you did 20 years ago! And you were a beautiful couple then! What a lovely blog...

Veronica Lee said...

What a gorgeous couple! You two complement each other beautifully!

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My husband and I often can not even say nothing at all and just know what each other is saying.

We've had times where he will be you know.... and I cut and say one word and then he says one and we just know what we were saying without even finishing the sentences lol

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

Thoughtful.

Cheers.

The New Normal said...

What a wonderful post. The photo fom when you were first married is beautiful. Your artwork is also beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

The Poet said...

You are a beautiful couple and have been blessed to have found each other. My wife and are complete opposites, but together we are one.

Wonderful post & your artwork is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I'm here:
On This Orange-Hued Day

Jeanne said...

Maria, I found your rooster post and was glad I did. So interesting about your husband's family and the connection to the rooster in their country. I also watched the video and learned how important the rooster is to you and your hubby. His patience to help you get a good photo is very impressive. The drawing of the rooster with the name was awesome. I know your customer was thrilled with your beautiful art.

Thank you for giving me the link. BTW I am very computer challenged. I understand so well!!! smile.
Hugs, Jeanne

Chris H said...

My husband and I also have those 'in that exact same moment' thoughts/feelings too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails