Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Zip-a-dee-ay!

****First a Word of WARNING****: 
This post is extremely long! 
Yessiree Bob! 
Believe it or not...I think this one has to be my longest post! 

And it is cuz I had waited far tooooo long before posting a thank you for all the sweet BLOG HUGS (aka Blog Awards) that have been passed my way.

****End of WARNING!****
(Please continue...)

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way,
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder,
It's the truth, it's "actch'll"
Everything is "satisfactch'll."
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
Wonderful feeling, feeling this way!

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder,
It's the truth, it's "actch'll"
Everything is "satisfactch'll."
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

(Lyrics by Ray Gilbert and Allie Wrubel)
Our daughters are sweet sisters...
& also sorority sisters...part of a wonderful Sorority...
These were taken back in their undergraduate years.


...a close sisterhood...and it is fun to see their friendships that they have formed with their Kappa Delta Sorority sisters.
sooo...this is fun for me to say....

Presenting:
The Bloggerette Sorority!
I'm now a...

I love the cute sorority sisters pictured!  
& Thank you Karen for a fun way 
to connect the world of blogging sisters!

I went to college after our children were in high school. So at my age, I didnt get connected with a college sorority! I would've been the house mom or something like that. haha

I look forward to being a part of this Sorority :o) ...meeting others and creating new friendships.

Go to my sidebar and click on the Bloggerette Sorority Button to find out more about it.

<*><*><*><*><*>
&
Now...here's "plenty" more "sunshine headin' my way..."


I know that some of you do not "do" awards...just know that I was thinking of ya! 

...but if there are those that will accept them, 
please let me know when you post about them, 
so that I can be sure not to miss it. 

The following "thank yous" have been long overdue!
Thank you for your patience with my delay in posting these awards (AKA blog hugs!)

FEB awards:
Thank you to Dina-Marie @ Dimes 2 Vines.                                                                
She is a sweet blogger...keeping busy with what makes her happy.                                  .
..her hubby, 10 children, beautiful home with a vineyard...
This is special to me, since it was created by our older daughter -Girly~Twirly aka theLuckiestMrs.

& it represents and is a great reminder of some of the things that make us happy :o)
(Girly~Twirly introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging!)
The rules for me accepting this award are:
1. Copy & paste the award on your blog.                                                                      
2. List who gave the award to you and use a link to her blog ( or hyperlink)                      
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know!



First...10 that make me happy:
1. My personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. My hubby - Mr. B
3. Our daughter - Girly~Twirly & our son-in-law
4. Our daughter - Girly~Whirly
5. Our son - Heartbreaker
6. The great health of my family
7. Future grandbabies
8. Great times with family & friends
9. Traveling
10. blogger friends :o) (blogger friends make the blog world go round...)

Now, for the other bloggers...
...with this "blog hug",
 ...a few newer and a few not as new blogger friends.

3. Maureen @ Mighty Mo's
5. Jenilee @ The Goodwin Family
7. Alely @ Oh Sweetlee Me
8. Vicki @ Change in a Bottle
10. Vivek @ Friend's Kitchen


<><><><>
Thank you to Rose @ Etcetera, Etcetera.
Rose is a beautiful blogger with a beautiful family. 

As a requirement I have to list 8 things about me. & pass this on to 8 beautiful bloggers.
(I'm trying to think of 7 things I may not have mentioned before).

1.  I love the heat...(I tend to feel colder than any one else in a room).

2.  I love fresh flowers & a garden with lots of blooms & different types of plants...(but I'll dry the roses my hubby will bring home after a couple of days, cuz I don't want them to lose their petals...I love my dried roses).

3.  I would love to sew, smock, craft, quilt, draw, blog, create....as much as I can. (retirement sounds great...but I actuallly just started to contribute to the work force outside our home...so should I be thinking this???)  (...I must say that I do love my patients.)

4.  I would love to get all our photos organized and in albums by year, so that I can find them! (I did our photos from 1990 to 1995 in dated albums...but have the rest...some in albums, some in rubbermaids, some...hm...dont know exactly!)

5.  I love food! I would love to go to some of the places the show called Drive-In, Diners & Dives features on t.v.  I love the cake and food challenge shows... and home decorating/renovating shows...and the show House Hunters.

6.  I want to travel, travel, travel! (& it would be awesome to travel with family).

7.  I would love someone to go through my wardrobe and totally up-date it...I like to ask our girls for advice, cuz they have the fashion sense. I had some clothes in my closet from high school! hm...I think I finally got rid of most of them.

8.  I love learning new crafts and new ways to create...in any media.

Here are 8 new beautiful bloggers that added me to their blogs they follow (thank you):
4. CueJ @ Shroomei

<><><><><>


I would like to thank Lea at SSH! Momma's Writing for this.  Lea recently also went into the outside working world and with an 18, 12, 8, and 3 year old! 
I am exhausted when I am done at the end of a work day and it is only me and my hubby at home, now that our children are grown.

& in March Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife also passed this one on to me.
Kathie's regular comments truly make my day...she has been so wonderful at stopping by. She's so creative with her blog and I am impressed with the numerous blog awards that she has designed and passed on. 

The rules are as follows:



  • Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
  • Pass the award onto 6 bloggers.
  • Link the nominees within your post.
  • Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  • Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Here are 6 bloggers that regularly bring me sunshine with their regular visits and the sweetest comments! (I would definitely send this back to you Kathie!!! but since you sent it to me, I am passing this on to the next bloggers who have commented the most):



Debbie @ Heart Choices
Alicia @ More than Words


& 6 more bloggers (that bring sunshine through their posts) 
since this one was passed to me two times :o)
Katie @ Katie's Nesting Spot
Sandi @ Bearly Sane Blog of a Bear Nut
Melissa @ A Little Loveliness
Cheryl @ Too Many Hats
Nina @ Portugal Bound
& her lovely daughter
Brooklyn @ Portugal Rocks

<><><><><>
MARCH awards:
Thank you Kathie at Just a Happy Housewife for both these awards!
Kathie! You truly have been a blessing! Thank you for thinking of my blog and for answering my multitude of past blog-related questions!

 No rules for the Blogger Buddy award :o)

This Blogger Buddy Award...
I pass on to all those that follow me,
those on my "Blogs I Browse" & 
those that leave a comment on this post. 

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.  
It is always so fun to read what you all have to say.
<><><><><> 

For the Stiletto Award
THE RULES!

If you’ve received this award, here’s what you do:

1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor on your sidebar! Wear it with pride…

“Heels this high are not meant for clubbing or walking long distances in. They are mainly used for getting from the living room to the bedroom, from the car to the restaurant, or for a short stroll along the catwalk.”

2. BRAG ABOUT IT! -write a post about your award.

3. SAY THANKS! - include a link to the friend who nominated you for the award.

4. SHARE THE LOVE! -nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the award.

Include links to them in your post -and- leave them a comment to let them know they are nominated.

5. DO WHAT YOU DO! -keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!!!

I am passing this on to my next 10 top commenters:
Nancy @ Bacardi Mama
LV @ Thoughts from Meme's Corner
Heather @ Oswald Cuties
Jenny @ Jenny Matlock...off on my Tangent
Mary Anne @ Starlight Blog
Lea @ My letters to Emily
Kristin @ Bon Bon Rose Girls
Maggi @ Just add Glitter and Stir
Jessica @ Muthering Heights
Our lovely daughter aka the Luckiest Mrs.

<><><><><>
APRIL awards:
Thank you Alely @ Oh, Sweetlee Me

so i need to list 7 things about myself and then pass this blog award to 7 other Lovely ladies!
  1. * I love to learn the background/origins/history of words, names, unusual things...
  2. * I would love to have a craft/sewing/art room with tons of shelves and everything organized.
  3. * I love roses, gardenias, magnolias, orchids, morning glories, hibiscus, hydrangeas, tulips, daffodils, sunflowers...uh...I guess I have to stop and just say...I love flowers!
  4. * I love, love, love to draw.
  5. * I think it would be awesome to be a children's book illustrator.
  6. * I  love listening to my hubby and children sing and create music.
  7. * I love to play board or card games...video games can be a bit complicated for me.
now it's time to pass this blogger award on to 7 other Lovely ladies.
Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife...do you have this one yet???

<><><><><>

Thankyou Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife! Ok...here is an example of one of the beautiful awards that Kathie has created!  And I love what this one represents: 
This award is just for fun and to say thank you!  Thank you for entertaining, teaching, inspiring and supporting me.  Thank you for all that you contribute to the blogosphere!

The only rule for this award is that if you accept it, please don't keep it to yourself.  Please pass this along to others and share the bling!

I'm passing the bling to a few faithful friends and a few new ones too:
Noelani @ Lanikee.com

****WHEW! If you made it to this part...You are amazing!  Truly!!! **** 

Please do let me know when you do post about your award, so that I can be sure not to miss your post.


I am linking up with:




Jenny's

And since this is so long, I will wait til my next post to share some more drawings. But please take a peek around and see some past drawings that I have shared.
Blessings & Aloha!
(Also, since it is still a bit before my 100th post and the giveaways for Personalized Sketches artwork and gift certificates....On Saturday, I hope to post about a giveaway for $40 to be used at the CSN store. Please check back.)

47 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations on all those awards! You certainly deserve them, you are one of the sweetest bloggers around. You really do define the very meaning on connecting and building relationships through blogging.

Debbie Petras said...

Everyone loves you, including me! Yes, your posts are long but I find that I'm always smiling the whole way through to the end. You have a love for people and life and frankly ...it's contagious. And that's a good thing. There's enough trouble in this world. If I can visit your blog and smile, I love it.

Thank you for thinking of me and giving me an award. I'm so bad about posting them so I'm due for a thank you post about now. But I want to say a big thank you to you for being you.

Sending you a blog hug,
Debbie

MadeInCanarias said...

Congratulations! :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

wow! that was long, but truly enjoyable to read. you wouldn't believe how honored i was to be recognized. and i can't believe how many awards you have in one post. i don't even have that many people to pass awards on to! So thank you so much!

i visited your daughter's blog and it's great. i made the Little Turtle snacks that she had posted about and they are to die for. I brought some to a friend today and she loved them...so i'll be posting them on my cooking blog soon!

on another note...i'm dying to learn how to sew and to have a craft room of my own too. a friend actually gave me an old sewing machine the other day, but i'm scared to get started. it's very intimidating!

anyway, thanks again! and have a great thursday! i can't wait for your giveaway...your work is fantastic!

Maggie said...

Great Z post, did you forget anyone?? LOL

Unknown said...

Wow! You have received so many honors. Congrats!

I love the song you mentioned.

~ Regan said...

WOw! You got so many awards!!! Congratulations!
It made me happy to think that you would pass two of these awards to me- thank you so much! I will post about them/pass them out this weekend~
Hope you have a great day!

Terra said...

wow, those awards can be overwhelming can't they!

Lola said...

What a lot of awards - congrats! btw I love that song too!

Have a great weekend,

LOLA:)

PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can join me!

Jen Price said...

Thank you for the blog award! Have a great day!

Vicki/Jake said...

Great post as always my friend. Thanks for mentioning me too :)

One thing about all the awards...we get to go visit some that you tell about and that's always fun.

Have a great weekend and know you are loved!

Vicki

Alely said...

oh my goodness! congratulations on all of those loveLee awards. you certainly deserve them all. also, thank you for passing on the happy 101 award to me. that is the right one right or was i reading it wrong. anyhoo, sorry for not coming by lately. summer has been filled with lots of traveling and we're finally home and getting back to reality. now it's time to catch up on what i've been missing on personalized sketches and sentiments! have a loveLee day!

Anonymous said...

Maria! such gorgeous daughters! I like your long posts!

congratulations on all your very much deserved awards, you are truly a sweet blogger :-)

Jenilee said...

wow! look at all those awards! good for you! how fun :) and thanks for the award. what a sweet surprise :)

laterg8r said...

congrats on all your awards :D

Theresa Plas said...

Ditto to what Maggie said:) Great post and happy Z day!!!

Bacardi Mama said...

Congratulations on all the awards. Thank you for gifting me with one of them. I probably won't get to it till next week though. I have the granddaughters spending the night and then the zoo in the morning. My grandson is being baptized on Sunday, so it will be a very busy next few days. Enjoy your weekend.

Kel said...

Congrats on all your awards! I hope you don't mind that I'll have one on my blog for you tomorrow at Between the Lines. :)

xinex said...

Oh my goodness! You sure have the most awards, Maria and so well deserved too! Congrats! Thanks for passing one to me. Your girls are so pretty, just like you...Christine

Tina said...

Congrats! You certainly deserve those awards! I don't mind long posts at all!!! Just keep 'em coming!

Vivek said...

wow ,

thats something ...wonderful ..nice thanks for sharing ..

take care..n keep on doing the Good work..
God bless you :)

keep smiling

LV said...

Sorry, I have been a little behind with my blogging visits lately. I just discovered you have nominated me for an award. Thank you very and will see if I understand the rules.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You are such a sweetheart with the loveliest blog! Thank you so much for thinking of me in this post! I am so blessed each time I visit with you!

Kindly, ldh

Pondside said...

It was a long one, but fun to read! Keep it up!

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Congratulations to you for all the awards! No one deserves them more!

I didn't know you went back to school! You truly are a role model! I may go and join your sorority. That's something I missed as well.

Thank you so much for passing on the Stiletto Award! Stilettos remind me of my long ago youth. LOL I have a backup of awards too, so it may take me a couple of weeks to do them properly. I plan on showing the Blogger Buddy Award as well. It's great to be Your Buddy!

Kel said...

I just wanted to let you know that I recognized you on my blog today, but please don't feel you have to pass on the awards since you already have so many. How overwhelming! :) Have a fabulous weekend!

Kel
www.betweenthelines-kel.com

More Than Words said...

Hi Maria! I think you deserve another award just for posting all of those!!! You're awesome, and I'm so glad to have met you through blogging! Thank you for my award too! As you know, I love to come and visit yours!!!

LV said...

Yes, I really liked it the best. Buddy Award. I will try to do my thing next week. Thanks and take care.

Mama Hen said...

Wow! Congratulations on your super awards! You deserve them! Thank you for thinking of me! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the award. I posted it with a link to you. It will be mentioned in my Saturday post.

myletterstoemily said...

congratulations on all your awards and thank
you for passing one along to me.

you are so sweet and deserve any award
that comes your way.

your daughters are just as beautiful as you
are, and i'm sure just as dear!!!

love,
lea

Melissa Lester said...

Wow, this was like all the award shows rolled into one! Thank you for passing the Sunshine Award along to me. I'm glad that you got that; you spread sunshine on your blog and on all that you visit. Blessings to you, too!

Vivek said...

Hi Maria ,

Thanks for the The Lovely Awards , Am Glad to be part of your sphere..
reading rules ..again ..;)

take care
Keep smiling :)
>Have gr8 Weekend

Enjoy !

Unknown said...

This post has been selected as one of my top posts of the week. Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/07/great-post-i-came-across-this-week-july.html

2003beachbunch said...

Congrats Maria :-) And thanks for mine! I will have to claim that this weekend. I am catching up after our vacation and before that being sick. Been missing your sweet posts! Hope all is well with you!!

maryelizabethroche said...

Congrats on all your awards!!
And thanks for stopping by my blog {and leaving those wonderful comments}
: )


M.E.

Muthering Heights said...

Congrats on the awards...and thank you for thinking of me! :)

Free Pretty Things For You said...

you are TOOOO sweet!!!!
thank you SO much my dear!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Holy moly! Congrats on all of those awards and your awardees!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Congrats on your awards..It's great to be recognized! You have a beautiful blog..and I enjoy my visit!

Jenny said...

Of course you have a million awards! YOu are just the sweetest,neatest, kindest, talentest (hmmm....I don't think that's an actual word...) Blogger!

I always love stopping here and visiting your beautiful family and see your lovely works of art!

Thanks for being such a wonderful part of this meme!

You are really a zippety-do-dah gal for sure!

A+

PS. Thank you for the kind awards back! I appreciate them!

yonca said...

Congrats on all your well deserved awards Maria. And thanks for passing this sweet award to me:)
Beautiful pics!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on all your awards. I can see why you are singing Zip-aDee-Doo-Dah . . .

Denise said...

Your daughters are gorgeous!!! Congrats on your awards. I've nominated you for another award on my blog. Please stop by to claim it when you get the chance.

http://ourfullnest.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-received-2-awards-this-week.html

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the awards and more importantly, on the beautiful daughters, :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That was one epic post. A standing O for you!

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

I finally did the award posting! Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find the time to notify all the new winners. Hopefully I will get to it before the week ends.

Thank you so much again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails